Short-term mission teams will be showing God's love through personal involvement in such things as construction projects in school buildings, churches, children’s home etc.
Ministry in churches will give team members opportunities to encourage and pray for Guatemalan brothers and sisters.
Teams may travel to various villages in the provinces of Alta Verapaz and Baja Verapaz, Guatemala, visiting typical humble homes, public and/or Christian schools, churches and the Coban hospital with the message of God's love.
Teams will participate in children’s ministry (mini VBS program) bringing the Gospel message and relationship to children.
GOALS FOR SHORT-TERM MISSION TEAMS
● Develop a mission consciousness in each team member so that they would have the heart of Christ for the lost and the compassion of Christ for those in need.
● Give opportunity for the Lord Jesus to work:
- In each team member‘s heart.
- Through each team member.
- In the hearts of those ministered to.
● Experience the culture of a developing nation and increase in understanding the role of the body of Christ in that society.
● Develop an understanding of God’s calling to missions in personal career and ministry planning.